Wrestling Fact Or Fiction
September 20, 2013
Let’s do a quick FoF before I head to work. The questions are not mine. They come from 411mania.com. The answers though, that’s all me. Let’s do this…
1. Stripping Daniel Bryan of the WWE Title was a great next move in the ongoing angle between Bryan and the Triple H led corporation.
FACT: It sucks for Bryan to be sure, but it establishes the power of HHH and adds even more suspense and drama to the storyline. It makes sense and it’s, dare I say it, good for business.
2. The Night of Champions PPV was one of the worst PPVs of 2013.
FICTION: It wasn’t the best, but it wasn’t the worst either. I think any almost any TNA show or any of those dreaded iPPV’s that we’re seeing every weekend now would probably earn the top spots.
3. Jim Ross leaving WWE is more of a loss than people realize.
FICTION: I hate to see him gone and it’s a loss for WWE to be sure, but Jim Ross wasn’t in the power mix any more. He operated from the outside and on the fringes. Better to cut the ties, use him sparingly when Vince and HHH want to bring him in and allow him the freedom to do his own thing now.
4. AJ Styles was the right choice to win the 2013 Bound for Glory Series.
FACT: He’s the only star that they seem to be building around as the “face” of the company so it makes sense. Anyone else would have been a letdown.
5. You would be perfectly fine if the authority figure in wrestling disappeared for a while.
FICTION: There has to be some sort of authority figure to establish decorum and rules. Without rules, we have nothing but chaos and that doesn’t work very well.
6. Bully Ray is currently the best heel in wrestling.
FICTION: William Regal is better in my eyes and so is Paul Heyman. But Bully is damn good. That’s for sure.
7. Chris Jericho was absolutely correct when he stated that the worst move TNA made was bringing in Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Sting.”
FICTION: Bringing in Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Sting were actually good moves. Keeping them to long when it became obvious that they were not going to be the saviors of the company and bring in new fans was where TNA screwed up.
8. You are NOT interested in this weekend’s ROH Title Tournament Finals, featuring Kevin Steen, Michael Elgin, Tommaso Ciampa and Adam Cole.
FICTION: I am interested solely to see what Jay Lethal will be doing when he “presents” the ROH Championship to the winner of the tourrnament finals. Other than that though, I could give a rats ass.
And there you go. I’m going to work.