Wrestling Fact Or Fiction – September 26, 2013
Ready to do it again. The questions are from the column of the same name at 411mania.com/wrestling. The answers belong to me, me and…. what’s that other guy’s name again? Oh yeah, me. Let’s do this…
1. Judging by the roster reveal you are excited for the WWE 2k14 video game.
FICTION: If I was into video games, I would probably be excited. It looks like it could be fun with a lot of dream match-ups. But I don’t play the games and thus, could care less.
2. TNA looking to take Impact off the road is another bad sign of the promotion’s financial stability.
FACT: Being on the road constantly is expensive, but it was a positive move for TNA in my opinion to add to and build their franchise. To do it and not be able to handle the costs is definitely not a good sign.
3. You were not surprised when you heard that the WWE Summerslam buyrate dropped 60,000 from last year.
FICTION: I expected it to drop, but just not by that much. 60,000 folks is a lot of people and buy-rates. WWE has a problem and they need to step it up and get er’ dun!
4. Jim Ross is correct when he says that Daniel Bryan “is the best in ring performer in the business.”
FACT: I’m not going to argue with Jim Ross. If he says that Bryan is the best, so be it.
5. The closing segment of last week’s Impact wrestling being called a rip off of WWE’s Summer of Punk angle is ridiculous.
FICTION: The only differences were the level of performances and the performers. Vince and Punk are far better on the mic than Dixie or AJ. Other than that, it was pretty much a blatant rip-off and another bad attempt by TNA to be WWE Jr.
6. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall should be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
FACT: Look at their resumes and records. It’s Hall and Nash. Of course they belong in the HOF. Duh!
7. With reports that TNA is looking to cut costs, it would be the best for business to not re-sign Hulk Hogan when his contract expires in October.
FACT: Hogan brings nothing to the table anymore. He’s been there for a while and the ratings are stale and stagnant. Why should the highest paid guy in the company be someone who can’t wrestle and can’t deliver the goods anymore. Time to cut the losses and move on to something or someone new.
8. Adam Cole was the right choice to win the Title Tournament and become the new ROH World Champion.
FACT: He’s a great performer, he looks good and he can walk the walk and talk the talk… plus he’s a hottie. Great choice.
And there you go. Another week of the Fact or Fiction in the books. I’m outta here. Gotta go to work.