Wrestling Fact or Fiction
December 7, 2013
Here we go again with another week of doing that “Fact or Fiction” thing. The questions are from 411mania.com/wrestling. The answers are mine. Let’s get this show on the road and turn it up!
1. While some feel it is rushed, you are in support of WWE unifying the WWE and World Titles.
FACT: I don’t mind the WWE unifying the titles, but as is said, it is being extremely rushed. A match of this magnitude and importance should be built up and pushed heavily for a longer period of time. It’s too important in the overall scheme of things to just throw out there on a throw-away pay-per-view. The WWE doesn’t need two top titles since the brand separation is over with, but they don’t need to treat the titles like afterthoughts either and that seems to be what they’re doing.
2. Holiday themed episodes of wrestling shows like last week’s Impact and Smackdown are a fun change of pace from the regular weekly shows.
FACT: Acknowledge the holidays and use them as part of the show. That’s cool. But just don’t get too silly or overdo it. ‘Nuff said!
3. It is overkill having two handicap matches (CM Punk vs. The Shield & Daniel Bryan vs. The Wyatt Family) on the TLC PPV.
4. Following his impressive performance at the Survivor Series, the next stage of the Roman Reign push will be to get the Kevin Nash/Kane push in the Royal Rumble.
FACT: If by the Kevin Nash / Kane push, it means to eliminate a lot of other wrestlers before getting eliminated, I think it’s only logical that for Roman Reigns to take this next step.
5. John Cena is correct when he says WWE needs Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania 30.
FACT: Having Wrestlemania XXX with no Hulk Hogan, if he’s available, would be like having a Starcade tribute show without Ric Flair and Harley Race or having an ECW show with no Tommy Dreamer, Paul Heyman, Sandman or RVD. I’m not a Hogan fan by any means, but Hulk Hogan and Wrestlemania go together like spaghetti and meatballs. It’s only right that he’s there and part of the show.
6. You have no desire to buy the TNA One Night only PPVs, due to the fact that they are taped so far in advance and that they have no continuity with the current product.
FICTION: I have no desire to buy the TNA One Night Only PPV’s because it’s TNA and I have little interest in their product. I like the idea and concept behind these pay-per-view events and I hope that TNA does well with them, but I won’t be buying or watching.
7. While it may set a record for the most people wearing Lucha masks in one place, you have little interest in the rumored Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara match at WrestleMania 30.
FACT: Rey is just a shadow of what he once was and Sin Cara, thus far, has done little to interest me either. My interest in Sin Cara may pick up a little bit now that Hunico has taken over under the mask, but this match is still just filler in my eyes and I could care less if it happens or not.
8. You are in full support of WWE’s latest efforts to highlight tag team wrestling.
FACT: I’ve always been a big fan of tag team wrestling going back to the days of The Anderson Brothers, Flair and Valentine, Steamboat and Youngblood, Ken Patera & John Studd, Baron Von Raschke and everyone… lol. I love to see teams rather than singles and if the WWE is serious about bringing back and giving some focus to the tag team titles and tag team wrestling, it’s definitely a good thing and I support them 100%.
And that’s it for now.