50 Thought Provoking Questions About Life
(Part 1 of 2)
September 1, 2017
I found this… I’m doing this… ‘Nuff said!
50 Thought Provoking Questions About Life
We’ve created a list of 50 thought provoking questions about life for you to spend time reflecting on. Use them as journal prompts, or simply read through a new one every day and think about it. These questions could also be an interesting activity to enjoy with your partner or a friend. However you decide to approach these questions, we hope you find them interesting and helpful in your life journey.
1. When was the last time you tried something new?
I think it was a few weeks ago when I got a little freaky with a guy I know. It was his first time with a man. It was my first time with him. It was a new experience for both of us. Damn, that sucked! It would have been better actually to just keep wondering “what if?”. Oh well, now I know.
2. What makes you want to do better?
Personal pride and a desire to be the best I can be and do my best in every venture.
3. What do you love to do? Do you do it often? If the answer is no, why not?
Write. As often as I can and why not more? Because life and responsibilities often get in the way and time is not always on my side.
4. What can you do today that you could not do a year ago?
Make homemade chicken & dumplings without a recipe.
5. Where do you see yourself in one year? five years? ten years?
In one year, I think things will be pretty much the same for me as they are now. Five years, nothing major changing as of yet. In ten years, retired, probably on disability and living in a small apartment with about twenty cats.
6. Do you like your job?
All of my jobs, be it at the ABC Store, my volunteer work with Hope In Christ and my blogging / writing work here at the site, I love them all.
7. What would you do different if you were reborn?
Well, the drinking and driving back in the mid-nineties would be out for sure and probably would have gone on and gotten a degree in something rather than being so focused on work when I was younger.
8. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?
Every single day here at the site, I do something memorable to someone.
9. What are you excited about?
I’m off this coming Monday for the holiday and I have next weekend off. I need to get into someon.. something.
10. What’s your biggest problem?
I hate being alone and need a good man in my life.
11. When was the last time you traveled somewhere new?
A couple of weekends ago when the ambulance took me to Moore County.
12. What would you regret not doing?
I can think of several opportunities I’ve had to be with certain people and go to different places that for whatever the reason, I didn’t do. I should have taken more chances when I was younger and they kept presenting themselves.
13. What makes you smile?
My best friend and his mini-me, my other best friend.
14. If the average lifespan was 50 years, would you do anything differently?
15. What do you want most out of life?
Just to be happy… Is that too much to ask?
16. What impact do you want to leave in the world?
I just want to know that my writing made someone smile, laugh or feel a little bit better for a few minutes. That’s enough for me.
17. What do you want to be remembered by?
18. If all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?
I think it would help actually. I’ve always been a pretty nice guy for the most part and I think Karma would work in my favor.
19. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing, what would you change?
That DWI in August of 1997 – what the hell was I thinking?
20. What stands between you and happiness?
The walls I keep putting up between myself and others and my own fear of being hurt again.
21. If a doctor gave you one year to live, what would you try to accomplish?
I’d finish those fic stories I have stored on my computer, I’d write the book that’s been in the back of my head for years, and I’d score with all of those guys that I’ve liked from a distance, but have been too shy / afraid to approach.
22. What do you like most about yourself?
Everything. I’m pretty damn awesome. But if I have to pick just one thing, I’ll go with my sense of responsibility and open mind about almost everything.
23. What do you have that you cannot live without?
Lungs, my heart, the brain, my soul, etc.
24. When you close your eyes what do you dream of?
Having my own business and being financially independent. a great guy in my arms and being happy.
25. If you could ask one person, dead or alive, one question, who would you ask and what would you ask?
Not really so much a question, but I’d love to talk to my Dad one more time and just tell him that I loved him and how much I appreciate everything he was and did for me in my life. We didn’t really talk for the last few years of his life and I’ve always hated that.
And that’s all for now. The second part will be up later on, probably late tonight or tomorrow. Until then, catch ya later.