Tossing Salt Presents:
November 26, 2017
Are you ready to feel your blood pressure rise? Let’s get political. Let’s talk some “Opposing Views”. And away we go…
1. An Alabama lawmakers wants to make castration mandatory for child sex offenders. Do you think that’s a fair punishment?
I don’t think a blanket effect type law would work in this situation and that every case is different enough that while castration could certainly be an option, it would have to be determined if that’s appropiate on a case-by-case basis. But I’ve seen dogs that were “fixed” still trying their best to hump other dogs so would this even work? Abuse is as much as power and control as anything else so this might not even work. So mandatory? Nope, but keep it on the table for the most extreme cases where it may have a chance to work.
2. Political leaders on the left and right agree that Trump’s Twitter attacks are simply unacceptable for the president of the United States. Do you think Trump is an insult the presidency?
No, I don’t think Trump is an insult to the presidency. He’s trying to do what he promised and is far for straight up than some of the previous occupants of the White House. But that being said, he does need to back off on the Twitter a bit and think before he speaks. President Trump can be his own worst enemy sometimes when he reacts before thinking it out.
3. Use ONE WORD to describe the Trump family!
4. President Trump just challenged Hillary Clinton to a 2020 election rematch. Who would get your vote: TRUMP or CLINTON?
I would not and could not vote for Hillary for any kind of political office, regardless of who her opponent might be. Definitely Trump.
5. Agree or disagree: America will be better off the day Trump leaves office.
I agree because it will mean he’s had a chance to tackle the big messes that were left to him by the previous administration and will be on the right track again, as it should be. His policies, while not always popular, are geared to build our economy, bring back jobs, cut reliance on the government for handouts and make America strong again and they seem to be working. By the time he’s finished, we definitely will be in far better shape then we were on the day he took office.
6. Hillary Clinton says NFL players absolutely have the right to protest. Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with her?
She’s right and they DO have the right to protest… on their own time. While wearing the uniforms of their teams and representing the organizations that are paying them millions of dollars a year, they are not individuals, but representatives of that team and of the NFL and should follow NFL rules, guidelines and policies. When they’re not working, then do what they want, but when working, focus on the team and the organization and leave your politics and protests at the door.
7. Do you think Michelle Obama would be a great president?
What qualifications does she have? How many political offices or leadership roles has she had? The only job I know of her to have ever held was as an attorney and she lost her license to practice law when it was revoked so obviously, she was not great at that particular job. So do I think she’s qualified and would make a great President? I don’t see any positive signs of it in her resume or public history so my answer would have to be “No!”.
And there you go. I’m finished for the day. Thanks for reading and I’ll catch you on the flip side. Comments, thoughts and all feedback is welcome. Until the next time, take care.