Tossing Salt Presents:
December 7, 2017
It’s Wednesday night. How the hell are you? Let’s do some wrestling Q&A, shall we? And if you’re not down with that, two words for you. Woo Woo Woo! Wait, that’s three words. Oops. My bad! The questions come from the KoK and the JCP group on Facebook. Let’s do this…
1. Name your picks for the 3 greatest recognized world heavyweight wrestling champions. (NWA, AWA, WWF/E).
For the NWA, it comes down to either Harley Race or Ric Flair. It’s a tough call, but I think even Harley would agree that Ric should get the nod here. For the AWA, there is no doubt that Nick Bockwinkle would be recognized as the greatest AWA Champion of all time. And for the WWF/E, I want to say Bruno Sammartino, but I have to be honest and admit that Hulk Hogan was and will always be the man where WWE is concerned.
2. I think Daniel Bryan is already cleared to wrestle and they are leading up to him vs Shane McMahon. What do you think?
I think it’s just a matter of time before we see Daniel Bryan back in the ring (if WWE doesn’t want to lose him), but I hope that Shane isn’t the one he comes back to wrestle. Shane is reckless at times and to be honest, who cares about Shane? I would prefer for Bryan to come back and take on Miz or Owens or maybe even Shinsuke or Balor. Make it a match worth watching and not a Shane-McMahon spotfest.
3. If you were to get into pro wrestling (provided you aren’t already) and could choose one veteran trainer, who would you choose to be trained by and why?
I think I’d try to get trained by Lance Storm if possible. He’s a great wrestler who knows everything there is about the business, knows what the WWE and Impact expect and look for in a wrestler, can teach locker-room protocol and has a track record and background that few could equal.
4. Who was the greatest Television champion during the JCP era?
I really want to say Arn Anderson, but to be honest, it was his teammate, Tully Blanchard, who really elevated the TV title first and made it stand out as extra-special.
5. Besides The Rock n Roll Express & The Midnight Express , Who’s The Best Team 2 Hold The NWA World Tag Titles?
An easy question – Ole and Gene Anderson, aka The Minnesota Wrecking Crew.
6. Who Is The Best Mid Atlantic Heavyweight Champion?
I remember a few people who held the title such as Buzz Tyler, Black Bart and Sam Houston, but in my mind, the most memorable from my younger days was the Olympian, Ken Patera. Patera was also at the time, if I remember correctly, half of the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champions with John Studd, although I may be wrong about that.
7. Name the greatest wrestler, in your opinion, who NEVER held a World Heavyweight Title.
This honor would fall either Lord Steven (William) Regal or “The Enforcer” Arn Anderson. Both men had different styles and personas, but were easily among the best in-ring performers of their era.
8. Wouldn’t it be great if Dean Ambrose became the Lunatic Fringe again and took on Matt Hardy? Crazy vs. Crazy….
I’m not a big Ambrose fan and he bores the hell out of me. I’d rather see “Broken Matt” versus Goldust, Bray Wyatt, R-Truth and Little Jimmy or even Miz and the Miztourage first.
And that’s all for now. Thanks for reading and I’ll catch you on the other side. Take care.