10 Days Of Dougie (Day 6)
Random Thoughts, Candy and Family Tree
April 29, 2018
And now, we finally break the halfway point when in reality, I should have already been finished with this epic blog series, the “Ten Days Of Dougie!”. But I got distracted, depressed and a few other descriptive words so it just didn’t happen and I didn’t write as I should. It happens. But I’m here now and fresh off a “Wrestling Fact or Fiction” column, it’s now time to move on and tackle this project. Well, it’s either this or go vacuum out the Blazer. I prefer to write. It’s damn hot outside. So here we are and this is Day 6 and I’m ready to get ‘er done. Let’s go to the Magic Bag and figure out what the topics are for today’s venture into insanity. We have 10 Random Thoughts, Five Favorite Candies and Family Tree. So we have a couple of lists and some talk about my heritage. Should be good. Let’s do this…
Ten Random Thoughts…
I could just spout off ten things that immediately come to mind and that would work, but that would be too easy. Instead, I’m going to kill two birds with one stone and look at my notes that I constantly write to myself (and usually talk about in the “Notes To Myself” blogs) and use those instead. Anything I use and list now would be contrived and I don’t want to do that. Instead, by using these notes, I was actually not trying to think of things to write about but rather, they presented themselves for some reason and I found them interesting. I hope you will too.
10. Why has Crown Royal quit putting the pint sized bottles in their trademark bags? That’s their gimmick and without the bags to set them apart, this makes Crown just another mid-level Canadian Whiskey. It’s decent enough to drink, but the bags make it special. What is up with that?
9. I like Bojangles chicken, but the service there sucks. And they only had a 90 on their Health Department rating? I think that I need to start going to KFC or at least back to Nic’s.
8. My average score for my “Lost and Forgotten Movie Gems” selection of movies appearance on the SMF Cyberspace podcast of Imdb scores was a 5.5.
7. A woman came into the store and had the words, “Forever Blessed” tattooed across her boobs. Why does a person do this? Why?
6. I have met some amazing people in my life. I have also met some damn nuts.
5. Have we ever gotten an answer to George Jones’ question about “Who’s Gonna Fill Their Shoes?”. I don’t think so.
4. I miss my Grandma Vick. I can still recall her house, in South Point, Ohio, so vividly. I should try to pull it up on Google Maps and see if it’s still there. I can’t remember the physical address though. I’ll have to hunt that down and find it.
3. A parody of the game show, Match Game, with Chris Jericho as the host and the “stars” would be Steve Austin, Miley Cyrus, Peppa Pig & George, Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Hulk Hogan and Andrew Dice Clay. The contestants would be Kathy Griffin and Mr. T. That’s a parody I had an idea about writing. I should still do it. It’d be good and fun.
2. Why would someone call the liquor store and ask if we “take checks”. Does anyone even still write checks anymore? Sounds fishy to me.
1. I have never seen “The Green Mile” or “Old Yeller”. I did see “Bambi” though. I cried.
And there you go. Moving on, let’s get to the next list and that’s my favorite candies. Are you ready because and away we go…
4. Peanut M&M’s
3. Zero Bars
2. Red & Green Jelly Beans
1. Mini Snickers Bars
Now you know what to bring me on Valentine’s Day or when you come to randomly visit but haven’t called first. It’ll put me in a better mood and food, especially candy that I’m not supposed to be eating or having, is always my friend. And finally…
Mine is full of nuts. ‘Nuff said!
And there you go. I’m through for today and now have to go fold clothes and do some other stuff. Maybe even your boyfriend… lol. Just kidding (or am I?) Thank you for reading. Comments, thoughts and any feedback is welcome. What is your favorite candy? Do you know why they stopped putting bags on the smaller Crown Royal bottles? Would you like to see me write a “Match Game” parody? Inquiring minds want to know and so do I? Until the next time, my friends, stay safe and have a great one. I’m down and gone.