A Day Of Dougie:
5 Things That Bring Me Happiness
April 24, 2020
Yesterday on Twitter, I was tagged by the ever-so-awesome OutlawK-Mak and the also just-as-awesome OutlawA-Mak to list 5 things that bring me happiness. Due to space restrictions, I wasn’t able to elaborate as I usually like to do. My tweeted response was as follows:
“I was tagged by
@OutlawAMak and @OutLawKmak to list 5 things that bring me happiness. 1. My family, both blood &those who are family by choice, fate & destiny. 2. The ability to write, create, and share via my site, http://DougMaynard.com. And finally cats, comics, and Muppets.”
It answered the tag, but it’s lacking in a large number of ways, at least in my eyes. So what am I going to do about it? Elaborate and get a little more detailed in my answers, that’s what. So let’s do this…
5 Things That Bring Me Happiness…
- My family, both blood &those who are family by choice, fate & destiny. This one is self-explanatory. I’m not a people person and tend to push them away more than embrace 90% of the time. But there are those, a few who are related by blood, but more that are here because of the circumstances of life, fate, and destiny, that I consider extremely important in my life. They are my “family” and they annoy me, piss me off, drive me crazy, and make me want to do a Jim Jones deal sometimes. But I love ’em, they make me smile sometimes too, and I wouldn’t trade those special few for anything or anyone.
- The ability to write, create, and share via my site, http://DougMaynard.com. It’s the writing and the creative process that keeps me sane, keeps me feeling relevant, and gives me a reason to get up every day. If I didn’t have the site and the creative outlet it allows, I’d probably have been dead a long time ago and that’s a fact. Or insane. I may not always make sense with the things I say and write, but it’s not for others to always understand. It’s my trip and my journey. I’m just allowing everyone else along on the ride.
- Cats. I’m not a people person, but I like animals. And cats are among my favorites because they’re real. They’re moody, indecisive, have about a dozen personalities, and this is their world. We’re just allowed, grudgingly it seems, to live here at their convenience. I get them and they seem to get me, at least Mouth, my current fur-baby does. He’s annoying and loud, very loud, but he’s a good kid and I wouldn’t trade him for anything.
- Comics. Before I began to write, comics were my escape from life and the craziness that is the real world. And even though I quit buying new comics nearly twenty-years ago, I still have thousands to read again and again and use to temporarily indulge in the world of what-if and fantasy. They’re the best entertainment, aside from wrestling, that exists today. It took a while for the rest of the world to catch on, but now they finally get it with the MCU and other action movies. I was one of the lucky ones. I knew it forty-five years ago.
- Muppets: Miss Piggy, Kermit the Frog, The Count, Bert & Ernie, etc. ‘Nuff said!
And there you go. Five things that bring me happiness. There are many others that I could add as well like music, wrestling, your boyfriend, etc. but I think I’ll leave it with these five for now.
My thanks for reading. Any comments, thoughts, or questions, drop me a line. Until the next time, take care and stay safe. I’ll see you on the flip side.